1. Professor. Robert DUSSEY, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and Togolese Abroad of the Togolese Republic paid, on Monday October 19, 2020, a working visit to Bamako in Mali. He carried a message from H.E.M. Faure Essozimna GNASSINGBE, President of the Togolese Republic, to H.E.M. Bah N’DAW, President of the Transition of the Republic of Mali.
2. During his meeting with President N’DAW, Minister DUSSEY reiterated the Togolese President’s congratulations to his Malian counterpart for his exceptional qualities as a statesman and of great rigor which motivated his appointment to lead the destinies of the country. Mali in this particular period of its history. He also expressed the solidarity of the Togolese people to the Malian people as well as the availability of H.E.M. Faure Essozimna GNASSINGBE to support the institutions of the transition with a view to a rapid return to peace and stability in Mali. He also congratulated the Malian Government for the efforts made for the release of the hostages, in particular Mr. Soumaïla CISSE, Leader of the opposition. This release contributes to the relaxation of the political climate in Mali.
3. President N’DAW praised Togo’s constant support for Mali and the exemplary nature of the Togolese Armed Forces elements present in his country as part of the United Nations Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali (MINUSMA).
4. President N’DAW and Minister DUSSEY then proceeded to a broad exchange of views on matters of common interest of bilateral, regional and international nature.
5. At the bilateral level, the two personalities congratulated themselves on the quality of the historic relations of fraternity and cooperation which unite their countries and reaffirmed the will of the two countries to take them to a much more ambitious level, in the well understood interest of their respective populations.
6. At the regional level, the Malian President and the Togolese Minister have expressed their concern about the persistence and expansion of terrorism and violent extremism in Africa in general and, much more particularly, in the West African region. On this issue, it is appropriate to underline the convergence of views of the two governments on the importance of peace and security for the development and prosperity of nations as well as on the need for a pooling of forces and means. of all the countries of the community space to overcome this scourge. In addition, the two parties welcomed the support provided by ECOWAS, whose implementation of the decisions of the Conference of Heads of State and Government has allowed the situation in Mali to normalize.
7. With regard to multilateral issues, they insisted on the importance for Mali and Togo to strengthen their collaboration within the framework of International Organizations, in particular with regard to the harmonization of their points of view on the issues. of common interest and are committed to maintaining permanent consultation on these subjects.
8. During his stay, the Togolese Foreign Minister also spoke with the Vice-President of the Transition, Colonel Assimi GOÏTA and the Prime Minister, Head of Government, Mr. Moctar OUANE.
Done in Bamako, October 19, 2020