- At the invitation of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Integration and Chadians Abroad, H.E Amb. Chérif Mahamat Zène, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and Togolese Abroad, H.E Prof. Robert DUSSEY paid a working and friendly visit to N’Djamena on Tuesday, May 11, 2021.
- This visit follows the one carried out on April 28, 2021 in the Chadian capital.
- During this visit, Prof DUSSEY was received in audience by General Mahamat Idriss Déby, President of the Military Council of Transition in Chad. Bilateral and multilateral issues of mutual interest were at the center of their discussion.
- Addressing bilateral issues, Minister DUSSEY congratulated, on behalf of HE Mr. Faure Essozimna GNASSINGBE, President of the Togolese Republic, President Mahamat Idriss Déby for the courageous decisions taken in recent times in his country, mainly training the new transitional government responsible for organizing the future presidential elections within eighteen months. He also reassured him of Togo’s support to accompany the Chadian people in the organization of this transition, which is intended to be peaceful and inclusive.
- General Mahamat Idriss Déby thanked the Togolese President for his support and his commitment to peace in Africa in general and in Chad in particular.
- Referring to multilateral issues, the Togolese Minister and the President of the Transitional Military Council discussed the security situation in the Sahel and West Africa. They also agreed to pool their efforts in order to maintain a climate of peace and security on the African continent.
Done in N’Djamena, May 11, 2021.