- On March 30 and 31, 2021, His Excellency Prof. Robert DUSSEY, Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Integration and Togolese Outside the Togolese Republic, paid a working visit to Bamako.
- During this visit, which is part of the strengthening of the relations of fraternity, solidarity and cooperation that unite Togo and Mali, His Excellency Prof. Robert DUSSEY had a series of one-to-one interviews with HE Colonel Assimi GOÏTA, Vice-President of the Transition, HE Mr. Moctar OUANE, Prime Minister and HE Mr. Mahamat Saleh ANNADIF, Special Representative of the Secretary General of the United Nations in the Mali and Head of the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali (MINUSMA).
- During the exchanges with the Malian authorities met, the two parties congratulated themselves on the excellent relations of fraternity and cooperation which unite Togo and Mali and reaffirmed their desire to further strengthen cooperation in all areas of development. ” common interest and to work together in the search for lasting solutions capable of resolving the security and socio-political crisis in Mali
- In this regard, the Malian side commended the multifaceted contributions of the Togolese Government for the stability and security of Mali and welcomed the holding in Lomé, on March 8, 2021, of the second meeting of the Support Group for the Transition in Mali during which significant contributions were announced by countries and member organizations of the Group to provide Mali with the technical and financial support necessary for the implementation of the roadmap of the Transition and the Plan of government action.
- At the regional level, the two parties strongly deplored and condemned the resurgence of terrorist attacks in the West African sub-region and in Africa in general, marked in particular, in this month of March 2021, by the attacks in Mali. , Nigeria, Niger, Ivory Coast, Chad, Mozambique etc. who have left many families in mourning.
- They addressed their compassion to the victims of these attacks and noted their convergence of views on the importance of strengthening their efforts in favor of peace and security, the only guarantees for the development and prosperity of nations. .
- Exchanges between H.E.Pr. Robert DUSSEY and H.E.M. Mahamat Saleh ANNADIF, focused on the political and security situation in Mali and on the contribution of MINUSMA in the consolidation of peace and stability in Mali, in accordance with the mandate of this institution.
Done in Bamako, March 31, 2021