- Within the framework of the cooperative relations which unite the Republic of Chad and Togo, H.E. Prof. Robert DUSSEY, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and Togolese Abroad, paid a working visit to N’Djamena on Wednesday April 28, 2021. He was received in audience by General Mahamat Idriss Déby, Chairman of the Chadian Transitional Military Council.
- During their meeting, Minister DUSSEY welcomed, on behalf of HE Mr. Faure Essozimna GNASSINGBE, President of the Togolese Republic, the memory of President Idriss Déby Itno whose commitment to peace in Chad and the stability of the Sahel was constant. He also expressed the solidarity of the Togolese people and the readiness of the President of the Republic to support the Chadian people and the Military Council of the Transition with a view to organizing a peaceful and inclusive transition.
- General Mahamat Idriss Déby, thanked HE Mr. Faure Essozimna GNASSINGBE for the involvement of Togo in the search for consensual solutions to the various crises shaking Africa and praised the professionalism of the elements of the Togolese defense and security forces fighting alongside the Chadian armed forces in peacekeeping operations in Africa.
- General Mahamat Idriss Déby and Minister DUSSEY also exchanged views on matters of common interest of a bilateral, regional and international nature.
- On the sidelines of this meeting, Minister DUSSEY also had discussions with H.E.Moussa Faki Mahamat, President of the African Union Commission. Security issues in West Africa and the Sahel were at the center of their discussions.
Done in N’Djamena, April 28, 2021.