1. H.E. Prof. Robert DUSSEY, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and Togolese Abroad paid, on Wednesday January 25, 2023, a 48-hour working visit to Kigali during which he was received in audience by H.E.Mr. Paul KAGAME, Head of State and President of the Republic of Rwanda.
2. He carried a message from H.E.M. Faure Essozimna GNASSINGBE, President of the Republic, to his counterpart H.E.Mr Paul KAGAME.
3. During the interview with H.E.M. Paul KAGAME, H.E. Prof. Robert DUSSEY sent him the fraternal greetings of H.E.Mr Faure Essozimna GNASSINGBE and welcomed the excellent bilateral cooperation relations between Rwanda and Togo.
4. President KAGAME recalled the friendly and warm nature of the relations between our two countries as well as the quality of his personal relations with H.E. Mr. Faure Essozimna GNASSINGBE.
5. The exchanges of views between President KAGAME and Minister DUSSEY focused on bilateral and multilateral issues of common interest.
6. At the bilateral level, the two personalities discussed the issues of economic cooperation and the strengthening of trade between the business communities of our two countries. They stressed the need for the two countries to revitalize their relations through the diversification of their cooperation agreements.
7. At the multilateral level, H.E.M. Paul KAGAME and H.E. Prof. Robert DUSSEY discussed issues of security and peace in a continental environment increasingly characterized by the return of conflict.
8. They also stressed the need for the continent to accelerate the process of materializing the African Continental Free Trade Area launched in Kigali in March 2018 with a view to boosting intra-African trade and improving the share of Africa in world trade.
9. During his stay in Kigali, the head of Togolese diplomacy also met with H.E. Dr. Vincent BIRUTA, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Rwanda. During their discussions, the two ministers highlighted the need for Africa to invest more in conflict prevention and to increase its endogenous skills in their resolution.
Done in Kigali, January 26, 2023