- As part of the crisis resolution initiatives, a delegation from the Republic of Niger was received in Lomé, the Togolese Republic, on Monday, November 6, 2023. The delegation was composed of Lieutenant General Salifou MODY, Minister of State, Minister of National Defense; Colonel Major Abdourahamane AMADOU, Minister of Youth and Sports; and Colonel Ahmed SIDIAN, High Commander of the National Guard.
- The delegation had an audience with H.E.M. Faure Essozimna GNASSINGBE, President of the Republic. Lieutenant General Salifou MODY, the head of the delegation, on behalf of H.E. General Abdourahamane TIANI, President of the Transition, expressed gratitude to H.E.M. Faure Essozimna GNASSINGBE for his attentive and peaceful approach to crisis management, which contributes to regional stability.
- During the meeting, the authorities of the Niger Transition requested the facilitation of President of the Republic, H.E.M. Faure Essozimna GNASSINGBE, in their dialogue efforts with the international community.
- Niger and Togo have agreed to establish a Support Group for the Transition in Niger (GST-Niger), co-chaired by both countries under the auspices of the African Political Alliance (APA). Among its missions are facilitating dialogue between the transitional government and the international community and providing tailored support to the country’s situation.
- The Togolese government appreciates the Nigerien Transitional Authorities for designating Togo as the guarantor of the withdrawal of French forces from Niger, alongside the United States of America.
- Furthermore, the Togolese government expresses gratitude to the Nigerien Transitional Authorities for choosing H.E.M. Faure Essozimna GNASSINGBE to facilitate dialogue and relations between their country and the international community. Finally, Togo remains committed to peace and collective stability in a regional environment confronted by the destabilizing actions of terrorist armed groups and facing security threats.
Done in Lomé on November 6, 2023