CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR POSITIONS RELATED TO THE PROGRAM "2021-2031: DECADE OF AFRICAN ROOTS AND AFRICAN DIASPORA"
- At the Summit of Heads of State and Government of the African Union on February 6 and 7, 2021, the decade 2021-2031 was declared “Decade of African Roots and the African Diaspora“. The main objective of this decision is to set up a High Committee in charge of the Agenda of the Decade and a platform for the preparation, promotion and support of projects, initiatives and events relating to African roots and diasporas. during the decade 2021-2031. This involves, through the various projects and programs falling within the framework of the African Union’s Agenda 2063, to participate in strengthening the contributions of the diasporas and African ancestors to the sustainable development of the continent.
- As part of the actions to strengthen the teams dedicated to the “2021-2031: Decade of African roots and diasporas” program led by Togo in collaboration with the African Union, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, African Integration and Togolese Abroad is calling for applications for positions based in Lomé (Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Togo) and Addis Ababa (African Union) :
3. The various positions available are as follows:
A. Program Officer, Middle East, Asia and Oceania
B. Program Officer, Caribbean and Americas;
C. Responsible for the Mobilization of the Diaspora and Afro-descendants
D. Communication and lobbying officer
- The positions thus offered are open to all Togolese, preferably from the Togolese diaspora. Those interested in these positions are invited to submit their application files no later than December 22 at midnight (GMT).
- The candidate should meet the following general requirements:
- Good knowledge of the issues and challenges of the diaspora and Afro-descendants and their community / associative activities;
- Ability to analyze and synthesize;
- Ability to work under pressure and in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to communicate;
- Skills and / or good dispositions in terms of project management and management of relations with the diaspora and Afro-descendants;
- No conflict of interest with the position in question;
- Strict confidentiality on activities and projects and other processed data resulting from work and missions at the post;
- Being multilingual would be an asset;
- For each position, a summary of the specific requirements is attached to this call for applications.
- The application file must include the following documents:
- a resume;
- a cover letter;
- copy of the highest diploma;
- copy of the last work certificate.
Applications should be sent by email to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 22, 2021 at 00h GMT.
- For all other additional information, please contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, African Integration and Togolese Abroad at the Directorate of Togolese Abroad (Mail: email@example.com – Mobile: +228 90 23 86 66) and at the Guichet Diaspora (Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Mobile: +228 90 05 23 24).
Lomé, November 22, 2021.